Date: Mar 1 2020, 12 a.m. - May 15 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Stand with your squad. Make a monthly gift to Army's own nonprofit.
Army Emergency Relief Process
for Remote Assistance
Soldiers should first determine their Direct Access eligibility and then select the appropriate process below. Direct Access allows eligible Soldiers to contact AER directly (without chain of command notification) for financial assistance. The AER officer reserves the right to determine if the chain of command should be notified or if immediate assistance should be provided directly to the Soldier.
Direct Access Eligibility Requirements: Soldiers must have completed IET, one-year of service, and not exhibit high-risk behavior. (Limit two Direct Access assists per 12 months.)
All assistance forms can be found here: https://www.armyemergencyrelief.org/resources/
Soldiers who ARE eligible for Direct Access, including Retired Soldiers and Survivors:
Initiate a request with the Fort Detrick AER Officer at 301-619-3455. If necessary, AER Officer will create a secure DoD SAFE link for you to upload assistance documentation, including:
• Completed AER Form 101, Application for Financial Assistance
• Completed AER Form 57, AER Budget Planning Sheet
• Completed AER Form 575, AER Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization
• Scanned valid DoD ID card
• Supporting documentation of “valid financial need”
• Leave and Earnings Statement or Electronic Retirement Account Statement)
• Civilian Pay statements/other source of income (Social Security, SBP, etc.)
Soldiers and Family members will ensure documents containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) are only transmitted electronically through a secure means i.e. DoD SAFE or encrypted Enterprise Email.
Soldiers who ARE NOT eligible for Direct Access and all COVID-19 cases:
Soldiers or eligible Family Member with Special Power of Attorney (SPOA):
• Inform Company Commander or First Sergeant of “valid financial need” (Active Duty).
• Electronically forward the AER application along with all supporting documentation to Unit COC for review and signature (Active Duty).
• After Unit Chain of Command (COC) review, either the Soldier or Unit COC will contact AER Officer to create a secure means to submit documents for evaluation and assistance consideration (Active Duty).
- Completed AER Form 101, Application for Financial Assistance, with Unit COC concurrence o Completed AER Form 57, AER Budget Planning Sheet
- Completed AER Form 575, AER Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization
- Scanned valid DoD ID card
- Supporting documentation of “valid financial need”
The Unit COC, Soldiers and Family members will ensure documents containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) are only transmitted electronically through a secure means i.e. i.e. DoD SAFE or encrypted Enterprise Email.
- Tel: +1(301)619-3455